ADHD and Anger | From TotallyADD
The Ultimate Guide to Anger Management for Adults With ADHD
Take average, everyday anger. Now multiply it by 10,000. Then, let it vanish as if it was never there. That’s what life can be like for adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD or ADHD).
Explosive anger is terrifying and confusing, both to the person with ADHD and to those around them. Most of the time the person with ADD is fine. Yet, in the blink of an eye, they explode with rage. And then, quickly and inexplicably, they return to normal.
Does ADHD Make You Moody?
While most ADHD headlines are focused on Attention and Hyperactivity, emotional reactivity is a very real problem for many of us. With severe costs. After all, forgetting a dental appointment is annoying; raging over trivial events can destroy relationships, careers, and your health. This video will help you tame your ADHD-induced anger and bring a sense of calm and control into your life.
- Understand how explosive anger is triggered by a particular combination of ADHD issues.
- Learn to apply simple tactics to lessen the frequency and severity of your outbursts.
- Develop the ability to put in the pause that allows you to cool off "hot" triggers and control negative emotions.
Uncontrolled temper tantrums are as dangerous as an exploding grenade. But, when properly channeled, this energy can provide the fuel and motivation to accomplish great things.
Can ADHD Make You Angry?
What others have to say:
"Anger can lead to disaster for adults with ADHD - and their partners! In this engaging video, Totally ADD pulls the experts together to give you nine great ways to keep anger from ruling your life. A terrific and incredibly useful video about ADHD and anger."
- Melissa Orlov, author of two award-winning books on the impact of ADHD on adult relationships, ADHDmarriage.com
"For those of us living with ADHD, an emotional reaction can happen—BOOM!—often driving us to take an impulsive action we may regret later. This video from TotallyADD shows us that being aware of the internal distress of BIG Emotion and growing the skills to modulate our responses to them is not only essential, but absolutely possible!"
- Don Baker, MA, LMHC - ADHD Therapist, UnpackingADHD.com
"With a magical blend of ADHD experts and the honest humor only TotallyADD can deliver, this must see video shines a light on the subject of ADHD and Anger. Learn about Anger and ADHD as experts talk about this common challenge and find out how to stop those out of control 0-60 outbursts."
- Laurie Dupar, Nurse Practitioner, ADHD Coach and Trainer, CoachingForADHD.com
"A practical, useful and informative video with enough entertainment value to keep you watching. Anger is such an important topic. If anger is a challenge for you, as it is for many with ADHD, then this video is a must watch."
- Dr. Ari Tuckman, PsyD, MBA, author of More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Strategies for Adults With ADHD, TuckmanPsych.com
"ADHD and Anger is an important video that underscores the reality that not being able to regulate anger causes more problems than any core ADHD symptom. People can forgive disorganization and distractibility. It is harder to forgive verbal or physical aggression.”
- Dr. Candice Murray, Dr CandiceMurray.com
"If you are an adult with ADHD this video will significantly improve your practical understanding of how to manage the perplexing puzzling challenges of anger and ADHD. It will empower you to learn more about how to manage your anger and ADHD so it no longer destroys important relationships at work and in your personal life."
- David Giwerc, MCC, MCAC, BCC, Founder & President, ADD Coach Academy, ADDCA.com
"Brings together the combined experience of clinicians, therapists and people with ADHD to explore the skills that can be used to better manage the anger that can be associated with ADHD."
- Dr. Margaret Weiss