Embracing the Diagnosis! (48 minutes)
15 Doctors will walk you through everything your doctor should be asking about your ADHD. Don’t get caught in the trap of being tested for child ADHD. ADHD looks different in adults; your doctor needs to know that. You’ll discover:
- Why getting a proper diagnosis is tricky.
- Is it ADHD, or something else? The danger of misdiagnosis.
- How ADHD looks different in children vs. adults.
- The difference a diagnosis can make!
Getting assessed for ADHD costs money and takes courage. Learn the things you need to consider, and prepare, before going for an assessment. Learn what types of questions your doctor should be asking and what a good assessment looks like.
“This is not a diagnosis you need to fear. It's a diagnosis you need to embrace, understand, learn to manage.”
- Dr. Edward (Ned) Hallowell, M.D. Child and Adult Psychiatrist
Author: Driven to Distraction
Living with ADHD (50 minutes)
After watching Living with ADHD you will understand:
- Who to tell about your ADHD and why? Not everyone needs to know. Telling the wrong person too soon or the wrong way can cost you.
- Different ways to find support. People with ADHD can feel very isolated and lonely.
- How the partner or spouse who is not ADHD can feel overwhelmed, resentful, and unsupported.
- How to identify and work with anger and blame.
- How your ADHD symptoms affect your partner, your ability to parent together, manage finances and run a household.
- The biggest challenges your partner faces.
When you get stuck, you can watch this DVD again and get something new out of it each time you watch. You’ll discover a deeper level or a practical idea that you can use.
What is ADHD? (46 minutes)
You get the expertise of 14 ADHD specialists in one 46-minute video!
- Discover the 18 symptoms of ADHD so that you can better identify them in yourself, and in your children.
- Find out how ADHD looks different in adulthood, compared to childhood, and how adults mask their ADHD
- Bust popular myths and misconceptions.
- Identify common impairments in adults with ADHD
- Learn the potential positive personality characteristics from inspiring success stories.
- Understand the importance of ‘executive function’.
“You have to get educated yourself. Because you won’t know who’s a good physician if you don’t know what the parameters are.”
- Gina Pera, Adult ADHD Expert Author, Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?
Purchased Individually these videos are $51.97
Buy all 3 now for only $17.99
What others are saying:
“My new diagnosis has been a rollercoaster ride just as you said it would be but …you and your crew have helped to even out the rails.”
– Kim W.
“3 discs together. They were all excellent. I liked the order the content was presented in-very logical and organized. Things flowed well from topic to topic.”
- Leslie F.